Thursday, June 09, 2005

experiences

I was reviewing in my mind today things Laev has seen or experienced, and I thought of some highlights:

  • escalators

  • motorcycles (seen, not ridden)

  • wadded tarps that drop her into unexpected puddles

  • agility teeter

  • agility chute

  • wading pool

  • all types of footing: rubber mats, grass, gravel, pavement, wire mesh, wooden boards, etc.

  • sidewalk cafes

  • crowds


I haven't shown her an elevator yet, nor has she done any tugging on linen bitesuit material or leather toys. I should probably address the latter.

Still, she's darn experienced for a puppy. And I'm proud of the way she takes just about everything in stride.

She is developing a strong jump which, as someone pointed out tonight, might well bloody a lip or nose in an unsuspecting greeter. I hadn't really thought about it because I never bend over her, so it wasn't an issue for me. I don't want to inhibit her jumping this early -- I'll do that later, after she's confident working on strange helpers -- so I guess I'll just have to be more vigilant.

No comments: