Friday, August 12, 2005

getting bigger and better

Laev's feet are larger than Shakespeare's. Is this a problem? She's not supposed to be an oversized Doberman....

A very short track today, probably only a hundred feet or so, but with two turns. I also stuck an extra flag in a leg; I don't always mark turns with flags, and I sometimes stick extra flags that don't mean anything in a leg, so my dog should believe that the flags are completely irrelevant to the track. :-) Laev did well, starting eagerly, getting right to work, and not dragging or flopping down in an effort to work faster. She did pick her head up twice, looking a little confused, but I think she's still adapting to my new half-halt style of line handling. She also overshot the first turn, but she corrected that. I don't think she missed any food on the track which means she's slowing down.

I might take both dogs to the park this afternoon for more tracking. I'll probably also feed everybody in tracking squares.

Laev's tracking squares (about 1.5 times the length of the dog on each side) are a lot bigger than they used to be....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What we need here are some pictures! *hint-hint, nudge-nudge*

Anonymous said...

I am curiuos about her size. How much does she weigh now? I also have a young pup and looking for a comparison.